Friday, September 12, 2014

My Testimony

My name is Denis Kan. I was born in a Chinese middle class family, my parents are hawkers. Since I was a child I followed my mother to worship idols, without really knowing what they really are. I did not love them. I worshiped them simply because that was my mother’s order and afraid of them.

My childhood was not happy. I didn't sense the love that my parents had for me, and I didn’t feel loved. I also not enjoyed my school live, they were boring with loads of endless homework. When I was ten, I decided to run away from my family, my life style. I stole my parent’s money at their stall for a few months, and then I left them on a morning to go to Kuala Lumpur, some 400km away from my house.

The trip was great, I successfully left them and reached Kuala Lumpur. But at the moment I stepped out of the train station, I asked myself this question, sensing a void inside my heart, “So, what am I going to do now?” I didn’t know where to go or what to do then. I lost my identity. I lost my purpose of live. I was sent to police station later the night I reached KL. After spending a night in police station and another night at my aunt’s house, my parents went down to KL to bring me home.

I never told them the truth, I lied that I was kidnapped. Soon after a few days I went back to my house, they discovered the truth. My father was very angry, he canned me badly, and said that, “You are not my child; I don’t have a son like you.” Both of us hurt deeply, both me and my father, who could stand calm knowing his own son run away from home because not feeling loved?

I moved to my grandmother’s village to study after the incident, thinking that changing an environment might help. I was still lying, cheating, stealing at my grandmother’s place. But something different was, my cousin brought me to a church on weekend. I had my 1st Sunday school there. The most important things were that I came to know this God who proclaims He loves me, something I was looking for but never found anywhere.

I started to read bible, getting to know Jesus more. Found out how He loves me, died on cross to reconcile God for my sins, even before I know Him, I was touched. At the age of 12, I prayed and invited Jesus to become my personal Savior and Lord of my life.

Things wouldn’t be the same since then, He started to transform me. I started to value things I didn’t. I learned to be honest, as that’s the key to true friendship and trust. I learned to respect others' properties, stealing is a crime and a sin in God’s eyes. I learned how to honor and love my parents, appreciate their sacrifices to bring us up. I learned, and still learning, how to love, since God loves me so much and He teaches me how to love by sending His only begotten Son to be my Redeemer.

I was changed since I believed Him. Accepting Him to be my Lord makes me live a totally different way. I started to enjoy studies, finding how great and wonderfully God created this world. I started to live a happy and joyful life, knowing nothing is beyond His control, no matter good things or bad things that happened, He can turn them into blessing to my life.


Now I live a joyful life, not that everything just happened the way I wanted to, but knowing He is my shepherd and guide, I know for sure that I can fully depend on Him in every aspect of my live. Praise God for He is the wonderful God who loves all of us, and wants us to dwell with joy in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment