Saturday, April 5, 2014

Psalm 77

I cry aloud to God,
aloud to God, and he will hear me.
in the day of my trouble I seek the Lord;
in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying;
my soul refuses to be comforted.
When I remember God, I moan;
When I meditate, my spirit faints.

You hold my eyelids open;
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
I consider the days of old,
the years long ago.
I said, “Let me remember my song in the night;
Let me meditate in my heart.”
Then my spirit made a diligent search:
“Will the Lord spurn forever
and never again be favorable?
Has his steadfast love forever ceased?
Are his promises at an end for all time?
Has God forgotten to be gracious?
Has he in anger shut up his compassion?

Then I said, “I will appeal to this,
to the years of the right hand of the Most High.”

I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
I will ponder all your work,
and meditate on your mighty deeds.
Your way, O God, is holy.
What god is great like our God?
You are the God who works wonders;
You have made known your might among the peoples.
You with your arm redeemed your people,
the children of Jacob and Joseph.

When the waters saw you, O God,
when the waters saw you, they were afraid;
Indeed, the deep trembled.
The clouds poured out water;
the skies gave forth thunder;
your arrows flashed on every side.
The crash of your thunder was in the whirlwind;
your lightnings lighted up the world;
the earth trembled and shook.
Your way was through the sea,
your path through the great water;
yet your footprints were unseen.
You led your people like a flock
by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

*******

What do we do when we are stressed?
When we doubt God? When we unsure of His grace, faithfulness?
When we ‘don’t feel’ His presence?
When we tremble before Him, don’t know what to pray?
When we face all kind of pressure within and without us?

The psalmist poured out his heart.
He cried aloud to Him. Then,
he pondered and meditate on the work of the Lord.
The ancient mighty deeds He did
when He brought His people out from the land of slavery

Today too, let us learn to focus on Him.
Lives is never easy. Especially since Adam sinned.
But we add our sorrowness upon that root: we sin, too.
We make our lives more miserable
when we focus on problems, instead of Him

Here is the solution: focus on God
think of Him, meditate of His deed
Remember how He led His army from Egypt?
Remember how He opened the sea with His mighty deed?
He is Almighty, the Holy One, no other gods match Him

So take heart! He never forget!
His path through the water is unseen
Likewise His wondrous work in our lives
Tough often unseen to us, yet
He works marvel us when we are delivered

So praise Him! Give Him glory! For He deserves that!
He is the Holy One of Israel
and we His people
Whom He chosen in Christ
Surely, He will shepherd us till we see Him face to face

Lord God, Jesus Christ my Savior
Save me

*******


Psalms 118:14
The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.

1 comment:

  1. Board of Higher Secondary Education Council, Manipur class 11th and 12th standard students can download subject wise new syllabus question paper with answer solutions for COHSEM Model Paper 2021 Arts, Science, Commerce stream 1st and 2nd year HSC examination tests for 1st language, 2nd language, 3rd language with all other subjects of Higher Secondary Education under COHSEM, the subject expert of the board provided new syllabus practice question paper along with answer key solutions for both medium students of the board.

    ReplyDelete