Sunday, June 13, 2010

13 June 2010

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then I myself with the mind serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 7:24-25

O Lord my God, I just wonder is that really possible for me to cut my hands off? Or can I just terminate my mind, make my eyes blind? At the same time I know this is possible, wishing it earnestly to happen so that I’ll be free from committing the sins I’m sinning, yet I know that I would not really want that to happen, as fear of uncertainty, and partly afraid of losing the chance to claim victory against these lusts that entangled me and minds that bring me into captivity of flesh.

How weary I am my Lord! Have mercy on me! The minds are wrestling against one another, one saying it doesn’t matter, just do what you like; another saying I should obey the law, to be holy is what You call me. But that task seems too big for me, looking at the giant around me, forget that it is not by my might nor strength nor will that I could face them, but by Your grace and Spirit I confront them.

Lord, have Your will be done on me, may Your glory be shown through me. Cleanse me, purify me with the blood of the Lamb, that on cross He carried my sins and sacrifice Himself to please You, to reconcile You with us, so that I can come before You, justified, sanctified, be acceptable, lovable before You. Lord I pray that You continue to carry me on Your wings, I know I am stubborn, many times not teachable, but I pray that You would never abandon me, and still guide me through the valley of shadow, may Your rod and staff comfort me. In the Lamb of God, my Savior, Jesus’ mighty name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment