Monday, May 21, 2012

Apologist

Lord, Creator of all, Sovereign of history, hear my plea:
You created me in Your image, hence I know You deep in my heart.
Not only me, all people around me too, they know You, the only God.
Though we fell from You, the stain blind our eyes,
but You saved me, renewed me, and reforming me to Your likeness.
So I stand before You, seeing You clearly
bow down before You, know You, and only You, are God.

You revealed Yourself, clearly, sufficiently, authoritatively, necessarily
for us, that we might glorify You and to enjoy in You forever,
through the stars in the night sky
and written Word Your Spirit inspired
I now have the Truth with me for sure
yet the trouble arouses to interpret it.

Lord of Truth, You are the Truth.
There is no truth other than You
so God I pray to You
for from You are all wisdom and understanding
that I may be saved in You alone
so I may reason with Your power, wisdom, and confident with gentleness
to those who yet to understand rightly
if not completely, what You are telling us through Your scripture.

May the Holy Spirit, that is the Spirit of truth and righteousness,
Guide me, lead me, teach me,
to preach the truth in a tongue of learner.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment